Organizations | Chimney/Fireplace | Electrical | Environmental | Government | Plumbing | Recalls
INSPECTION ORGANIZATIONS / MEMBERSHIPS
- (ICC) International Code Council - www.iccsafe.org
The International Code Council, a membership association dedicated to building safety and fire prevention, develops the codes used to construct residential and commercial buildings, including homes and schools. Most U.S. cities, counties and states that adopt codes choose the International Codes developed by the International Code Council.
A Certified Membership requires members to have passed at least one of the International Code exams, such as a B1 (Certified Residential Building Inspector). Is your inspector code experienced? Search for an ICC certified professional inspector here.
- (ASHI) American
Society of Home Inspectors,® Inc. - www.ashi.org
The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), founded in 1976, is North America's
oldest and most respected professional society of home inspectors. ASHI's goals
have always been to build customer awareness of the importance of a quality
home inspection and enhance the professionalism of home inspectors.
- (InterNACHI) International
Association of Certified Home Inspectors - www.nachi.org
National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) is
the largest inspection association in North America. Formed
in 1990, NACHI is both a non-profit organization as well as
tax exempt. More than 9,900 North American inspectors call
- (CMI) Master Inspector
Certification Board - www.certifiedmasterinspector.org
The Master Inspector Certification
Board, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(6), tax-exempt organization
dedicated to promoting excellence in the inspection industry.
The Board holds the registered Trademark Certified Master Inspector® (CMI),
the inspection industry’s
top professional designation, and awards it qualifying inspectors
who have demonstrated a high level of competency. The Master
Inspector Certification Board, Inc. is not a trade association
and the Certified Master Inspector® is not a membership level.
Certified Master Inspector® is a professional designation
available to all qualifying inspectors who wish to be Board Certified™.
- (NHIE) National
Home Inspection Examination - www.homeinspectionexam.org
The Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectors (EBPHI)
- An independent examination organization whose objective
is to promote excellence and exemplary practice within
the home inspection profession and to serve the public
through its quality assurance efforts.
- (BBB) Better
Business Bureau of NE Florida - www.bbbnortheastflorida.org
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) system in the U.S. extends
across the nation; coast-to-coast, and in Hawaii, Alaska,
and Puerto Rico. Since the founding of the first BBB
in 1912, the BBB system has proven that the majority
of marketplace problems can be solved fairly through
the use of voluntary self-regulation and consumer education.
The BBB's Core Services include: Business Reliability
Reports; Dispute Resolution; Truth-in-Advertising; Consumer
and Business Education; and Charity Review.
Safety Institute of America (CSIA): Masonry & Prefab Fireplaces
levels of chimney inspections explained
a Chimney Sweep? Go to the Certified Chimney Sweep™ Locator.
Pacific Siding: Defective Siding Website
- LP Composite Decks (05/2009): Click Here
Hardboard Siding: OmniWood | Woodruf
Stucco ("EIFS") Exterior Wall Cladding: EIFS
- Polybutylene plumbing: PB class action suit
- Spa Tub by Crane - entrapment hazard - Click Here
- A.O. SMITH Recall Water Pump (6/08)- Click Here
- TPR recall from WATTS (12/09) - Products 06-09 - Click Here
- GE Microwave (12/07)- Click Here
- GE Dishwasher (5/07) - Products 97-01- Click Here
Recalls and Notices - Product Recalls
- Chinese Drywall: Florida Dept. Health 2/09 | ASHI Reporter 3/09 | Wikipedia 3/09
- Florida Market Assistance Plan (FMAP) Online Referral Service - The Florida Market Assistance Plan service organization is designed to assist consumers in obtaining property and casualty insurance coverage from authorized insurers in the private market. www.fmap.org
- Citizens Florida
- Citizens approves OIR-B1-1802 for Wind Insurance Discounts. See July 2007 memo here.
Inspector Requirements - Developer/Builder Information Request (call for password)
- Proof of General Liability -